Until we realize that we may be harboring denial in our lives, we can never completely heal. Denial prevents us from seeing the problem areas clearly and causes us to point to the problems in someone else. It’s easier to see problems we’re not harboring. If this happens, the stronghold of denial becomes a destructive thought process or action that controls us.
Denial reinforces other strongholds. It can be a foundation or keystone in keeping other strongholds held together. It will prevent a host from receiving God’s blessings and from truly knowing the fullness of God and his actions in our lives.
Whether a stronghold began as a thought, a choice, a curse, or a via outside influence it needs smashing. If denial obscures the problem confusion sets in, and can cause demonic strongholds to remain. The first step in casting out a demonic stronghold is to see it clearly. Denial in this case, is the first stronghold that needs to go.
However, in clearing this stronghold we must be careful to prevent a stronghold of false guilt from entering its place. Denial of problem areas or strongholds should not be confused with a desire to honor Christ by self-denial such as in fasting or moving forward to help others. If false guilt sets in confusion will continue to block its host’s vision.
What can be done to smash denial in our lives and live free from false guilt?
1 Check yourself. When you notice a stronghold in someone else, before you point it out to them, make sure you are not harboring the same or similar strongholds.
Matthew 7:3 Why do you stare from without at the very small particle that is in your brother’s eye but do not become aware of and consider the beam of timber that is in your own eye?
Luke 6:42 How can you say to your brother, Brother, allow me to take out the speck that is in your eye, when you yourself do not see the beam that is in your own eye? You actor (pretender, hypocrite)! First take the beam out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother’s eye.
2. Take heed. Listen to the godly people in your life. If more than three godly people have addressed a problem that you may have, and you haven’t seen it yet, then it’s likely that you have a spirit of denial.
John 3:19 “This is the crisis we’re in: God-light streamed into the world, but men and women everywhere ran for the darkness. They went for the darkness because they were not really interested in pleasing God. Everyone who makes a practice of doing evil, addicted to denial and illusion, hates God-light and won’t come near it, fearing a painful exposure. But anyone working and living in truth and reality welcomes God-light so the work can be seen for the God-work it is.”
3. Never deny Christ. No matter what circumstance you’re in–business, social, or personal. if you deny Christ, this denial is a lie and will leave an opening for a stronghold of denial. It will blind you and cause a spirit of lies to join it.
Matthew 10:33 But whoever denies and disowns Me before men, I also will deny and disown him before My Father Who is in heaven.
2 Timothy 2:12 If we endure, we shall also reign with Him. If we deny and disown and reject Him, He will also deny and disown and reject us.
4. If your life is in danger, you may feel denial is necessary. Peter was wrong in this denial and wept bitterly, repenting of what he did. His was not the same blind denial of a problem area or thought process. His denial was an intentional lie motivated by fear.
John 18:25-27 But Simon Peter [still] was standing and was warming himself. They said to him, You are not also one of His disciples, are you? He denied it and said, I am not! 26One of the high priest’s servants, a relative of the man whose ear Peter cut off, said, Did I not see you in the garden with Him. 27And again Peter denied it. And immediately a rooster crowed.
Matthew 26:75 And Peter remembered Jesus‘ words, when He had said, Before a single rooster crows, you will deny and disown Me three times. And he went outside and wept bitterly.
5. Ask God to show you the problem areas or demons you are wrestling with. Read the word to discover the truth. The closer you draw to God, the more strongholds you can smash in your life.
Ephesians 6:12-18 For we are not wrestling with flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against the despotisms, against the powers, against [the master spirits who are] the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) sphere. READ MORE HERE
Written by Christian author, Pola Muzyka.
- Free from the Stronghold of Vanity (polamuzyka.wordpress.com)
- Free from the Stronghold of Superstition (polamuzyka.wordpress.com)
- Free from the Stronghold of Honor Killing (strongholdsmashers.com)
- Free from the Stronghold of Addiction (polamuzyka.wordpress.com)
- Free from the Stronghold of Debt (strongholdsmashers.com)
- Flee to the Stronghold of God (polamuzyka.wordpress.com)