It’s been said that if sodomy continues and decadence increases and God does nothing, then God will have to apologize to Sodom and Gomorrah. The truth in the light of the gospel must be revealed. How can we be sure that God is not pleased with this violation of nature or the natural order?
Media dismisses AIDS, early deaths, and sexually transmitted diseases. But they are results of this sanctioned stronghold. The facts are clearly visible for anyone who cares to take the blinders off.
This is probably one of the most unpopular subjects in Christianity today. If we don’t unveil it as of vital importance to the body of Christ, no matter what else we say may be irrelevant. The world sanctions sodomy but God does not. We are the temple of the living God. Anything we do against our own flesh reflects on our spiritual condition.
So that we’re clear on this subject, the definition of sodomy is: Anal copulation of one male with another. 2. Anal or oral copulation with a member of the opposite sex. 3. Copulation with an animal.
Traditionally courts and statutes referred to it as a “crime against nature” or as copulation “against the order of nature”. Today, in our quest for political correctness, we are rewriting the word of God and the laws of nature.
1. Don’t buy the hype. Anything that goes against the word of God goes against God. We are to love our enemies, but hate evil–not to do, or love, or sanction what God considers an evil abomination.
1 Corinthians 6:18 Shun immorality and all sexual looseness [flee from impurity in thought, word, or deed]. Any other sin which a man commits is one outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body.
Luke 16:15 But He said to them, You are the ones who declare yourselves just and upright before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is exalted and highly thought of among men is detestable and abhorrent (an abomination) in the sight of God.
2. Turn today. If you are guilty of sodomy, repent and ask God for strength and guidance. Information on the dangers of sodomy may be found here: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/723699/posts
Romans 1:26-27 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.
Romans 1:32 Though they know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.
3. Get familiar with God’s will. Do God’s will. Doing the things the world considers good or acceptable is not necessarily part of God’s will.
Colossians 2:22-23 Referring to things all of which perish with being used. To do this is to follow human precepts and doctrines. 23Such [practices] have indeed the outward appearance [that popularly passes] for wisdom, in promoting self-imposed rigor of devotion and delight in self-humiliation and severity of discipline of the body, but they are of no value in checking the indulgence of the flesh (the lower nature). [Instead, they do not honor God but serve only to indulge the flesh.]
4. Never encourage what God considers evil. This includes sodomy. No matter how much you love your spouse, know that this is not God’s best for you. Helpful information on the family, God’s way, may be found here: http://familypolicy.net
Romans 6:19 I’m speaking in a human way because of the weakness of your corrupt nature. Clearly, you once offered all the parts of your body as slaves to sexual perversion and disobedience. This led you to live disobedient lives. Now, in the same way, offer all the parts of your body as slaves that do what God approves of. This leads you to live holy lives.
5. Choose life. Jesus died so that we might live. He died for all our sins including the sin of sodomy. Live as one who has been redeemed and is no longer a slave to sin.
Romans 8:13 If you live by your corrupt nature, you are going to die. But if you use your spiritual nature to put to death the evil activities of the body, you will live.
1 Corinthians 6:9-10 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, 10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Written by Christian author, Pola Muzyka.
- Free from the Stronghold of Divorce (polamuzyka.wordpress.com)
- Free from the Stronghold of Anxiety (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Free from the Stronghold of Profanity (polamuzyka.wordpress.com)
- Free from the Stronghold of Animosity (polamuzyka.wordpress.com)
- Free from the Stronghold of Frustration (polamuzyka.wordpress.com)